UofSC MLK Law Forum & Film Screening: “Rikers: An American Jail”
Presented by the Black Law Students Association, this documentary film screening explores the human crisis and toll of mass incarceration. After the screening, Judi Gatson of WIS TV, will moderate a panel discussion in the J. Karen Williams Courtroom on the ground level of the School of Law. The event is free and open to the general public. Light refreshments provided.
* Derek Black, Constitutional Scholar and Law Professor
* Jerry Blassingame, Executive Director of Soteria Community Development Corporation
* Benny Custodio, Former Rikers Inmate and Prison Reform Advocate
* Aaron Greene, BLSA Social Action Chair
* I.S. Leevy Johnson, Former Politician and Criminal Defense Attorney
* Seth Stoughton, Law Enforcement Scholar and Law Professor
* Henrie Montieth Treadwell, Public Health Scholar and Research Professor
See more MLK events at sc.edu/mlk
Event url: sc.edu/mlk
1525 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Saturday, Oct 6, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, Jul 25, 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, Aug 1, 7:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.